The FS Polarstern will leave port tomorrow night for scientific work between Greenland and Spitsbergen near 79 degrees north latitude about 1200 km or 770 miles from the North Pole. It will be hard work, Continue reading
Top Posts & Pages
- Petermann Glacier Ice Islands: Where are they now?
- Martha’s Vineyard, Deaf People, and a Shared Sign Language
- Did I ever see a Polar Bear?
- Oceanography and Icebergs in Baffin Bay: LCDR Edward "Iceberg" Smith
- Ice Drift from Nares Strait to Newfoundland: The 1871 Polaris Expedition and Petermann Ice Islands