Home | Schedule
Meetings: Tue/Thu 09:30-10:45 in 105 Robinson Hall
- NEWS Sept.-3: Website moved to a http://muenchow.cms.udel.edu/classes/MAST811
- NEWS Aug.-28: First Assignment due Sept.-5 (Random Numbers and Histograms)
- Aug.-21: Built new web-site.
Instructor: Andreas Muenchow
Goal: Provide each graduate student with a set of tools to confidently handle data analysis tasks in both time (space) and frequency (wave number) domains.
Format: This is a traditional lecture style course, however, most learning will take place via a set of computer projects that translate lecture materials into tested code.
Expectations: Each student shall be able to develop, apply, and critically evaluate
- Auto-spectral analyses
- Digital filters
- Linear systems
- Least-squares function fitting, and
- Empirical orthogonal functions
Grading: 80% for problem-based projects, 10% homeworks, 10% individual in-class participation
Exam: None, but I may use occasional quizzes related to prior lectures (always open book).
Wed Aug.-21 2019